Monday, July 8, 2013

AWE-SOME frozen-dipped B-ANANAS!

There are some things that I can't spell without thinking about it first.  Banana is one of those words for me.  I have to sing Gwen Stephani in my head in order to get it all right.
B - - - - A-N-A-N-A-S!
Then, of course, I have to delete the S.

Awesome is another of these words.  I was a cheerleader all through high school so I can't spell it without sing-songing the cheer in my head.
 A-W-E - - - - S-O-M-E  Awesome! Awesome! ARE WE!
 
This brings me to today's project.  I have recently discovered Dole Banana Dippers




I LOVE these things!  Yes, they are only 100 calories in a pack, but I think you're only supposed to eat one pack at a time for that to be a deciding factor in whether or not you buy them.  I paid $3.25 for the box.  While that isn't a tremendous amount, I've been thinking that these probably aren't terribly difficult to make.  Of course, if I'm going to eat two packs at a time, it will eventually get a little pricey.  The ingredients on the box are BANANAS and DARK CHOCOLATE.

How hard could this be?

So today's grocery shopping list includes bananas.  I've got some Wilton Candy Melts Dark Cocoa left over from my baby shower that hasn't been opened yet that should work for the coating.

Wish me luck!  I probably won't be able to get this done until tomorrow as it's already 2:30 in the afternoon.  Besides the time, Rob is home today and dislikes it when the kitchen is a disaster.  If I am trying a new and messy project, it will probably be a disaster. happy  I'll let you know how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment